Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pearson-Marr Archetypes

This week in class we took a personality test that is supposed to help us understand our "story", which then we can apply to our leadership development. When I first got my results for my archetypes I was a bit confused. I scored highest in Warrior and Lover equally. To me, these seem like complete opposite and conflicting life stories. But, the more I thought about it and discussed it with my coworkers; it seemed to fit me well. A warrior is someone who courageous, determined, and competitive. They do not like to lose and do their best when they are on a mission. I think this describes me because I am very dedicated to my job, and determined to show improvement within my position. My mission right now is to graduate and enroll in a management training program. I want to work for a company that will push and challenge me to grow and learn. A lover defines my second story. They are someone who is full of love for other and for life. They love beautiful surroundings and appreciate their coworkers. A lover is different from a caregiver because they see others as their peers, not someone in need of help. I think this really defines my lifestyle as well. I love nature and I am looking to relocate somewhere with beautiful scenery like Northern California. A lover is good at providing that extra touch to make an experience really special. I think this also something that I am really working towards. I try to personally engage with every guest I come in contact with to create that lasting impression.

As a warrior leader, I will learn to excel in goal setting, motivate my team to give their very best, and become a good coach.

As a lover leader, I will be passionate and charismatic, encouraging my team to bond and create close relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment